Thursday, March 24, 2016

Self-portrait part 3

Sleep peels,
like burnt skin,
from my flesh.
Eyes burn
from the unshuttered
sun
and bed
is a place
of cantering words
rising through 
the plains behind my eyes
my thoughts
my night watch
my guardians 
of waking light

 



























Nails
A hard head
good for beating 
on a wall
like a hammer
on a nail

























Harbinger of spring
wet rose
you sprout
you wilt
your prison
sentence
your cage
holds you
then, rain
falls
storms like
sopping gray cloth
above you
the glass 
defends you
in defense 
spring dies 




























































My thoughts
cantering, smooth and winsome
My thoughts
galloping, loose and torrid
My thoughts
trotting, up and down and up again
My thoughts
ambling in and eking out
My thoughts
halt.

No comments:

Post a Comment